How To Get To Bucas Grande Islands

The Bucas Grande Islands is part of the town of Socorro. Socorro is one of the towns comprising the province of Suriago Del Norte in CARAGA Region. Not known to many, Socorro is among the nine municipalities that comprise the whole Siargao Islands. Yes, Socorro is Siagao and Bucas Grande Islands is Siargao.
While the other 8 municipalities of Siargao Island features world class surfing waves, the town of Socorro offers yet another world class tourist attraction that is also a pride of the whole Siargao Islands and that is the Bucas Grande Islands. Yes, the Bucas Grande Islands is also considered a pride of Siargao. Thus, when in Siargao, it is also recommended to discover this part of the Island.
HOW TO GET THERE? If you are from Manila or Cebu, there are airlines servicing the City of Surigao or Butuan. As a matter of fact, there are cheap flights one can avail as cheap as those of Flightline in UK. Once in Surigao City or Butuan City, take a passenger van going to the Port of Hayanggabon in Claver still in the province of Surigao Del Norte. The Port of Hayanggabon is the jump off area going to the Bucas Grande Islands. Boat trip from from the Port going to the Islands is just 40 minutes.
If you are already at the mainland Siargao Island, there are boats that can take you to Bucas Grande Islands. The towns of Dapa and General Luna have regular boat trips going to Socorro. One can take this boat to experience yet another amazing experience in  Siargao Island.

BUCAS GRANDE ISLANDS, a paradise to experience.

December 6, 2011 at 4:09 PM delete

grabe! I love the pics! Hoping to be able to use these tips kapag nagpunta na ko mindanao. :))

January 26, 2012 at 2:09 PM delete

Really love to go to this place, but still looking for travel buddies para may kahati sa boat rate,.hehe

May 22, 2012 at 4:03 AM delete

Easy Military Travel loves to help military families get to their dream destinations!

June 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM delete

Very interesting story. Liked it very much. Thanks for writing such a interesting story.Petter Joe

September 30, 2012 at 4:18 AM delete

bucas grande is one place i'd love to visit and see the lagoon full of stingless jellyfish.kaso matagal daw boat ride papunta jan,2 hrs daw?for someone like me who cant swim it would be a torture riding the boat.

October 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM delete

From Siargao, are there public passenger boats? Or do you have to hire one to take you to Bucas Grande?

December 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM delete

Good thing my mom booked me some flights to butuan tickets! I’m so excited to see the great Bucas Grande Islands!

January 19, 2013 at 7:11 AM delete

My next destination would be the Bucas Grande Islands. Gosh! Browsing the pictures of the island makes me more excited about the trip, all I need is to count the remaining days for everything is already set and I don’t have to worry for my excess luggage anyway.

February 2, 2013 at 2:16 AM delete

Bucas Grande Islands is a must have experience, I can see on the pictures that it is “more fun in the Philippines.” I think Philippine’s Department of Tourism is doing great in promoting tourism in their country, I heard that since they’ve used the internet and social media in promoting the country’s tourism, the number of their tourists increased.

March 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM delete

Thanks for giving out wonderful tips. Gratitude for this educational report.

March 22, 2013 at 5:26 PM delete

Wow! That island is indeed very beautiful! Is there a way that I can go there for budget travel?

May 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM delete

Thanks for a healthy Tips on our way to Bucas Grande :-)

June 4, 2013 at 5:19 PM delete

It shows a lot of interesting facts and admiring content. The topic has the nature of simplicity but the article has a big impact. It is simple but knowledgeable. This is a kind of blog that is very rare to hunt online. I appreciate the blogger for the knowledge shared.