TARLAC: A Quick Side Trip!

My North Luzon Trip including my trek to Mount Pinatubo and Island Hopping at the Hundred Islands National Park will not be complete without mentioning my quick yet worthy side trip to the Province of Tarlac. Going there for the first time is like spending CUBA HOLIDAYS.
My side trip to landlocked Province of Tarlac brought me to some places that had somehow impressed me in a different way. I have heard of Tarlac as hometown of the Aquinos and Cojuangcos but never did I know that by some means Tarlac is not all just about that. There are many places to see and to discover in this landlocked Province.
Traveling, our first stop was the City of Tarlac, the Capital of the Province. It was past 7 in the evening when we get there; so all I got was the night shots of the important places to see in the City. I have a great fascination for churches; so visiting the San Sebastian Cathedral of Tarlac City situated along Tarlac City Plaza was the first thing that I did. It was already closed but still had the chance to see its splendor.

The newest addition to the City’s Landmarks is the Cory Aquino Monument also located near San Sebastian Cathedral. The monument is built in honor to the greatest contribution of former President Corazon C. Aquino to the restoration of the Philippine democracy. And being a true daughter of Tarlac, Tarlakenios take so much pride of their most valued “kababayan”.

The F. Taneda Street

The next town I visited in the Province of Tarlac is Luisita, San Miguel, Tarlac. I find it very amazing because Luisita is not actually a town. It is actually a barangay/part of the town of San Miguel, Tarlac but rapid economy and infrastructure growth is widely seen and felt here. There is Robinson’s Mall, Microtel Inn, first class restaurants and other establishments that can only be seen in big cities. There is even Starbucks and home city Davao doesn’t have one as of this writing. Amazing, isn’t it?
The last part of Tarlac that I visited was the town of Capas. One of the most significant landmarks to visit in Capas is the Capas Death March Monument located along the Pan-Philippine Highway. This monument is a historical marker in honor of the nearly 30,000 Filipino and Americans soldiers who perished in 1942 following that infamous Bataan Death March. It depicts the unyielding endurance and consummate heroism of valiant soldier fighting for freedom and democracy of the land. Visiting this monument is actually on the top my list but having inadequate time, we opted to have it cancelled. Maybe not for that moment.
MY TARLAC visit may be very quick but still remains special to me. It was my first visit to the Province with a very limited time yet I was still able to discover what the Province of Tarlac has in stored for me. But for sure, there will be a second visit I will certainly make and will definitely discover and experience hidden wonders of the Province of Tarlac.
Special thanks to National irrigation Administration – Tarlac Region for hosting for us during our overnight night stay at Tarlac City. For the sumptuous dinner and equally delectable breakfast prepared for us, we sincerely thank you.

HOW TO GET THERE:
From Manila, there are buses that travel regularly direct to the Province of Tarlac and its town. Victory Liner for one travels from Manila and different towns in Tarlac. Flights to Mauritius is not needed here! :)

March 23, 2011 at 4:32 PM delete

buti ka pa nakaikot na ng Tarlac, ako nadadaan-daanan ko lng yan

March 23, 2011 at 5:01 PM delete

Looks like you had a great time in Tarlac! nice! Sana dumaan ka na din ng Isdaan Restaurant, where the famous Taciyapo Wall could be found... =D

March 23, 2011 at 6:44 PM delete

Yun din napansin ko sa Luisita nung dumaan yung van na nasakyan ko galing Baguio, merong Microtel, maraming restos at may mall considering barangay lang pala sya

March 24, 2011 at 11:46 AM delete

love the capture of the goat meeeeh! hehehe
and NO! i will not comment na naiinggit ako sa shots mo! kaineeeees!

March 24, 2011 at 12:12 PM delete

@ lakwatsera de Primera - Baluarte kasi ni Kris aquino ang Luisita eh. Hehehe. :) Kidding aside, nakaka-amaze nga sya. :)

March 24, 2011 at 12:13 PM delete

13thWiTCH - Hahaha. Mag landscape photography workshop na tayo maam ha. :)hehehe. :)

March 24, 2011 at 2:09 PM delete

I really like the goat's photo! lol.
Nice trip - Bongga yung architecture ng plaza nila(Yung may Jobee!?).

March 25, 2011 at 11:04 AM delete

WOW! Amazing yung goat. kawawa naman if sasakay lahat ng davao bloggers dun. ha ha. and one more thing, yung jobee nila. unique! :D

March 25, 2011 at 4:23 PM delete

@ Markable - Yeah... Amazing. Sikat tlag yung goat. Nafeature na yan sa Lifestyle Aisa. :)

March 25, 2011 at 4:24 PM delete

@ Richard - Yes, sosyal ang Jolllibee nila. :) hahaha. :)

March 28, 2011 at 6:50 PM delete

ayos ok magday trip dito thanks for sharing

March 29, 2011 at 1:07 AM delete

@ chinchan lakwatsero - oo nga eh kaya lang kapus sa oras... planning to go here. :)

July 24, 2011 at 4:05 AM delete

san miguel tarlac is not a town, it is actually part of tarlac city, san miguel is one of the barangays only.. FYI

June 25, 2013 at 2:52 PM delete

Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here

February 4, 2017 at 4:54 PM delete

After reposi tioning the brand, the most important highlight of Louis Vuitton Handbags and Original Rolex Watche in fur top luxury flagship product category.The 1:1 Replica Breitling Watches in July last year held their first couture show called “Fashion furs” in Paris.The company also plans to invest heavily in prominent brands of Rolex Air King Italian descent.Omega Watches Replica?is the most famous luxury watch brand all over the world.That global recognition is the Replica Tag Heuer product of decades of success in a range of fields.

Rolex Air King