The Verdant Mountains of Eden, Toril District

The City of Davao is known to be the largest city by land area in the whole world. Variety of different places to see is within reach. Wide selections of trips and adventure are uniquely available here guaranteeing ultimate fun and pleasure.

Davao City, coined as “From Islands to Highlands”, offers wide array of great choices to experience for thrill seeking individuals like me. Islands to kayak, perfect dive sites to experience, urban night life to see, mountains to hike and more.

Not known to many, 50% of the total land area of Davao City which is 2,443.61 square kilometers is classified as timberland or forest. Just imagine the world’s largest city by land area is still surrounded by verdant forest. Hence, Davao City is the home of different finest Mountain Resorts and Log Cabins and Cottages in the country.

Thus, my first weekend getaway for 2010 is the mountain trekking located in Eden, Toril District of Davao City.

Thanks to my very good friend Anne Camahalan who invited us to spend our weekend at Bisnar’s Private Mountain Resort.

Originally built for the family’s business use, the resort was built atop the lushes of the green hills of Eden. A mountain resort about 3,000 feet above sea level, the place erected like a mountain haven giving its guest a panoramic view of Davao City and the Davao Gulf amidst the tall verdant trees creating an illusion of real Eden.

Being there, I am acquainted once again with nature indulging myself in a real mountain experience. The cool mountain breeze, the chirping of the birds, the spectacular view of pine trees and other verdant foliage are among the best things I experience in the place.

Being there, gives me the private leisure where quality and intimate time with my best friends is savored and enjoyed. Truly so remarkable.

Mountains gives me a different taste of laid back living embracing to be one with the nature – savoring the fresh air and appreciating God’s exquisite creation.

Truly, a very pecfect start of my great year 2010.

Many thanks to the BISNAR family for allowing us to stay at their beautiful ideal place and experience such a wonderful Mountain Charm. Thank you!

January 18, 2010 at 9:56 PM delete

ganda at ang linis ng lugar. kaabang abang tuloy ang pagpunta namin diyan. kita kita rin tayo.

January 19, 2010 at 10:59 AM delete

@ Dong - sure dong. basta let me know pag pagpunta nyo dito Davao. :)

January 19, 2010 at 11:01 AM delete

hi. thanks for visiting my blog despite your hectic sched. :) i've fortunately been to Eden though our stay was quite hurried. It truly is an amazing place. Looking forward to more posts from you. tc!

January 19, 2010 at 1:53 PM delete

@ Reena - Hi dear... been very buys with work lately but i did promise to myself to be back at my blogging habit. I miss writing... Thanks reen... Any plans of visiting Davao? Dom (The Dong) will be coming here on February.

January 19, 2010 at 2:09 PM delete

nice place! sana man lang nasilip ko yan when I was in Davao last December.

January 19, 2010 at 3:20 PM delete

@ r-yo - nandito ka pala sa davao nung december, nagparamdam ka sana sa akin para naigala din kita. hehehe. :)

January 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM delete

Ngayon lang ulit ako nakadalaw sa blog mo..

Nice naman ng lugar na iyan... Bagay na bagay ang Eden... Hehe :)

Naks!

January 20, 2010 at 10:58 AM delete

@ Mangyan Adventurer - OO nga. Tagal na din kasi ako di nakapagblog. Salamat sa dalaw. :) one of Davao's pride is its verdant forests na until now pinapangalagaan pa rin. :)

January 27, 2010 at 10:49 PM delete

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it. ....................................................

February 2, 2010 at 4:33 PM delete

Davao is really beautiful and offers a lot of adventures. We enjoyed our stay there especially the zip lining and diving, love the food too :)

March 16, 2010 at 12:06 AM delete

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.