Reminiscing the Alluring Beauty of Bohol

The beautiful Islands of Bohol has been my favorite getaway. It is composed with gorgeous islands and islets so blessed with extra ordinary places to mesmerize people like me craving for new adventures and new places to discover.Being one of the oldest provinces in the Philippines, Bohol takes pride with its rich history and heritage that have shaped Christianity in the Philippines. Above all, the Islands of Bohol is the home of the different natural wonders that have become the country’s national Pride!

Having heard, seen and enthralled by its stories from books, magazine and other media, this blogger took his voyage to one the most loved provinces in the Philippines – the Province of Bohol.

OLANOLOGY’S PHOTO ANTHOLOGY

(Pictures below were taken during my last two trips at the Island Province)

1. Tagbilaran City - the capital of the island-province of Bohol. From the City of Cebu via Ocean Jet, the City of Tagbilaran is the gateway to the many Wonders of the Island Province of Bohol.

2. Legaspi-Sikatuna Blood Compact Shrine - The sculpture show what became known in Philippine history when Spanish conqueror named Legazpi made friends with the Boholanos and made a blood compact with Raha Sikatuna, the chief of Bohol.

3. Baclayon Church & Museum - It is considered to be the oldest church in the Philippines. The church is made of coral stones cut into square blocks and piled onto each other. Next to the church is an old convent that houses a small museum with centuries-old religious artifacts dating back 16th century.

4. Close Encounter with Tarsiers - The Philippine tarsier is known to be smallest primates in the world. Bohol takes pride to home these beautiful peculiar creatures. Mostly active at night and sleep all day, tourists and alike can have a closer encounter with these creatures during the day.5. The Chocolate Hills - The world-renowned cone-shaped Chocolate Hills is Nature's expression of beauty, mystery and romance. It is among the contenders of the 7 new wonders of nature in the world. The towns of Carmen, Sagbayan and Batuan home these extra ordinary natural creation. Because of its mystic beauty, the Chocolate Hills becomes Bohol’s signature attraction.6. The Loboc River Cruise - One of the things you should not miss when you go to Bohol is the Loboc River Cruise. It is an hour or so boat ride upstream the Loboc River, from a point near the Loboc Church, up to what seems to be the beginning of the river, which is a short waterfall people call the “busai”, then downstream again back to the point where the cruise started. Buffet lunch serve at the boat during the course of the river cruise is just a feast on my tummy.

7. Bohol Beach Club - one of the most beautiful, most admired and most visited Beach Resorts in the Island. Located at famous Panglao, Bohol Beach Club takes its pride from its kilometer long stretch white sand beach. Equipped with modern facilities and amenities, Bohol Beach Club offers quality service at its finest. Truly, a great perfect place to stay. Bohol Beach Club has been my home for my last two visits to the Island.

8. White Sand Beach of Panglao – For beach bums like me, the Island of Pangalo in Bohol is certainly a paradise. Many are lured to the island because of its white sand, cool crystal blue waters, and its world-famous surrounding dive sites. The tranquil ambiance of the place and the scenic beauty of its white sand beaches gives every visitor a worthy and unforgettable beach experience.

Bohol Beach Club

Ananyana Beach

Alona Beach

9. Hinagdanan Cave - Hinagdanan Cave is located in Dauis, Island of Panglao. It is a naturally lighted cavern with a deep lagoon and many large stalactites and stalagmites. The cave is lit by sunlight which filters through holes in the ceiling. The underground lake is a popular swimming spot.

10. Old Churches of Bohol - There are large number of old churches in Bohol and is considered as one of the most attractive heritage characters of the island. Almost all of the 47 towns of the Bohol Province have old, massive, stone churches with frescoes, carvings and other products of Spanish presence. These are the few that i visited.

TAGBILARAN CHURCH

BACLAYON CHURCH

DAUIS CHURCH

PANGLAO CHURCH

PANGLAO BELL TOWER

INDEED, going to the Island Province of Bohol is one of my most loved local trips. I have been there twice but I am sure I'll be going back there again. Just like I said, I am trully lured by its Island beauty.

February 2, 2009 at 6:27 PM delete

Wow. This post reminded me of the time I was there a couple of years ago. I love the place specially the floating restaurant of Loboc River. I can see that you had a great time. Great photo anthology bro.

February 2, 2009 at 6:57 PM delete

whoa ang lupet ng bohol. kaya talagang isa ito sa pinakamagandang puntahan ngayon dito sa pinas. ke simbahan, beach, bundok o cave meron ito.

February 2, 2009 at 8:13 PM delete

Aww... I remember my trip there 2 years ago...

I was just a bit disappointed when I found out that those tarsiers were just in a small garden of a small sari sari store. Coz I thought when they said "Tarsier watching" that meant going into the jungle to look for them. lol!

jei
February 3, 2009 at 8:33 AM delete

grabe talaga 'tong si olan. hanep! kakainggit naman. kahit saan saan pumupunta! 'di pa ako nakapunta ng bohol.

bensoneclair
February 3, 2009 at 8:40 AM delete

wow ...tagal ko na gusto punta dyan sa bohol....

February 3, 2009 at 11:26 AM delete

pangarap ko makarating dito... balang araw babalik ako ng Pinas at di ko palalampasin ang pagkakataon na mapuntahan ang bohol.

February 3, 2009 at 3:29 PM delete

Naks naman Kuya Olan... Advance Happy Birthday at Valentine's Day sa iyo... :)

I have never been to Bohol... and I wish to be there... Hopefully sa graduation.. Hehe :)

February 4, 2009 at 5:40 PM delete

Nice pics. Yey. New blog friend.

February 4, 2009 at 6:51 PM delete

hi. my first time here..
ugh. i went to bohol but never heard of the cave! kainis...now i have a reason to go back. :)

ev
February 5, 2009 at 11:12 AM delete

Hi Olan!you sure had a great adventure in Bohol. I promise myself that I will explore that place too one day.Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos.

keep going!

February 5, 2009 at 5:16 PM delete

@ lawstude - ei bro, yeah floating restaurant was among my top favorite. cool it is to cruise the river with a great tummy treat.

@ the dong - exactly dom... and for us filipino, dapat we should see it for ourselves not just seeing it!

@ kris jasper - hahaha... but actually there were plenty of tarsiers pa daw in the forests of bohol, mahirap nga lang daw puntahan at hanapin... kaya gumawa sila yung sumwer jst within reach.

@ jei - mareng jei, tantanan mo na kasi ang pagiging matakutin... get out of your comfoort zone... explore, dami kang makikita and makikilala.

@ bensoneclaire - dapat maam lalo na ikaw na mahilig ding gumala at mamasyal

February 5, 2009 at 5:21 PM delete

@ eben - make it one of your top destination place when back in the country eben!

@ lionheart - hehehe. salamay sa Valentine Birthday greetings. oo nga noh, naks, korny ng birthday, balentayns dey.

@ bino/geno - thnx new blogfriend.

@ reene - tnx for dropping by. yes... hinagdanan cave is a must see place in bohol also.

@ ev - its nice to hear from ev after such a long time. yeah... looking forward ako to see your posts here about bohol.

February 7, 2009 at 5:45 PM delete

wow! eto na naman ako, naiinggit na naman sayo olan. hahaha.

il be in cebu this maarch. and i think we will visit bohol..

and hey. il be in davao nxt week. hope to catch up with u.

btw
pachange url naman po http://lifeisfullofbeaches.com thanks!

Rio
February 9, 2009 at 10:41 AM delete

WAAAHHHH...NA-I-I-INGIT AKO!!!..
sana makapunta na talaga ako dyan this year..gusto ko na talagang makakita ng tarsier..
salamat pala sa pagdalaw sa blog ko ha..balik balik lang dun..=D

bensoneclair
February 10, 2009 at 11:43 AM delete

linked you na..olan

February 12, 2009 at 12:13 PM delete

great account of bohol trip. libot tanan ba.