My Humble Abode

I am so fascinated with wood crafts these days that I wanted to fill my little abode with lots of beautifully carved furnitures. This has actually been what i always wanted to see in my little home. WOODCRAFTS!Today, my little neo-ethnic home looks like a mini showroom of different Narra Furnitures PROUDLY made in my hometown Cateel. The roots of this fascination trace back growing in our small town of Cateel where these beautiful masterpieces are sold extremely cheap. Back home, most of our furnitures and fixtures were made of Narra Lumber. Our old Spanish inspired Sala Set served as a beautiful welcome treat for our home guests. It was simple but undeniably classy. Our dividers, aparador, cabinets and console tables were just elegantly radiant. Every corner of our house were filled with Narra Furnitutres. But it was my Popo Mante's Narra Rocking Chair that was everyone's favorite. It was placed at the our old house balcony. I remembered how my cousins and I fought over at it. ‘Twas real fun. And the Narra Dining Table we had elegantly added sophistication to our simple meals. These were all pieces of furniture I dearly missed so much at home.

Now that I live here in the city for nearly a decade now, I come to know that those masterpieces are truly expensive. Owning one becomes already a luxury. Costly, expensive.

Though now these beauties are quite costly, it doesn’t stop me from getting one for myself. After saving few bucks, proudly I am able to buy beautiful pieces of furnitures I specially design for my little home. Simple yet elegant.

Today, I live with my childhood fascinations. Seeing it everyday reminds me of my home back in the province. Though I am away but having them in my abode makes feel closer to my hometown. By next week, my Narra Rocking Chair inspired from my Grandma's will be delivered. I'M EXCITED! Mmmmmmm... Looking forward for it now...

September 16, 2008 at 11:05 AM delete

olan, astig ng bahay mo! ako din gustong gusto ko din ang kahoy na furnitures.

buti naman at bumalik ka na sa blogosphere. aabangan namin ang mga byahe mo.

September 16, 2008 at 11:19 AM delete

wow.. so elegant!

gusto ko rin ng mga ganyan sa bahay. kaso naumpisan n mag ipon ng gamit na hnde wood eh. so ayun.. itinuloy tuloy na namen. hehehe..

ingat lagi olan! =)

September 16, 2008 at 1:12 PM delete

pwedeng makitulog sa magandang sofa na yan? hehe

September 16, 2008 at 2:24 PM delete

trulili yan! ang mahal na ng wood furnitures ngayon. psst! alam ba 'to ng DENR na dito nagtatago sa bahay mo ang mga mamahaling kahoy na yan? Lowls!

Nice home btw.

September 16, 2008 at 8:28 PM delete

ganda! i wish i could have furniture like that. pero sobrang mahal lang talaga. wala na kasing puno...

Ely
September 18, 2008 at 4:54 AM delete

the good thing about wood furniture is you can easily make it look new with proper cleaning. we have lots of wood furniture at home too, already very old, hehe

September 20, 2008 at 2:21 PM delete

@ the dong - salamat dong. iba kasi tlga ang hatak na wood furnitures. classy and elegant. kahapon, nakabili naman ako ng wall mirror for my console table. molave naman and kahoy. yup, im bakc now. dami ko ding ipopost here esp those pics i got while i was out. thanks ulit dong.

September 20, 2008 at 2:24 PM delete

@ vanny - hi sweet girl. i miss you a lot. especially the way you commented on my blog. wanna see also your furniture soon Vanny. kahit hindi wood as long as it is what u really want to have in your home. thanks ulit. ingat always also.

September 20, 2008 at 2:25 PM delete

@ jericho - sure dude... my house is always welcome for all my friends here in the blogosphere. eh ang kaso, ang layo layo mo kaya.

September 20, 2008 at 2:26 PM delete

@ maru - hi hot mommy maru. salamat naman at nagutuhan mo house ko. pinakatagotago ko nga tong mga furnitutres na to kasi baka nga maconfiscate pa ng DENR. hahaha. mahal punuhan ko nito. hehehe. salamat sa pagdaan.

September 20, 2008 at 2:28 PM delete

@ r-yo - meron rin bang narra furnitures jan sa japan? may ,ga pura din naman kaya lang baka ang quality not as good as those really seasoned woods.

September 20, 2008 at 2:29 PM delete

@ ely - that is exactly true. hindi naluluma ang wood furniture. cleaning lang astig na kagad. puede din varnish ulit. yung old wood furniture mas better yun kasi it will look like antique pieces na. mas mahal nga yyun.

February 1, 2009 at 8:26 PM delete

i've been to your place promise its really simple and elegant.

asa naman ang rocking chair?
post ka rin sana bout your lovelife im sure it's interesting.

February 2, 2009 at 7:26 PM delete

@ anonymous - i have the rocking chair na... hanap ako ryt timing to post that! hahaha.

June 4, 2009 at 6:32 AM delete

I love the color of your house and the narra furnitures :) You may want to change your window curtain though. Other than that. it's a-okay :P Good job!

September 21, 2011 at 9:21 AM delete

Nice read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You have a lovely place. It's clean and organized and truly makes you think there's no place like home.

October 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM delete

I admire how you were able to organize all these furniture in a small place.

Philippines Real Estate

February 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM delete

Based on the content that it has I was so impress with it I really love it .It has a very valuable details and also very informative.

May 14, 2013 at 5:59 PM delete

Very efficiently written information. It will be priceless to anybody who uses it, together with myself. Sustain the good work – for positive i will try extra posts.